I did this last year and I figure I should try to do one every year to see what's new.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Whenever this question comes up, my mind goes totally blank. I know I did a crapload of new things this year but I can never think of all or really any of them. Started college! That's new!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any last year, so yes. This year I made a list too big to post here and can be found in my Facebook notes.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No, I don't think so.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully no.
5. What countries did you visit? Still haven't left the US, but I'm working up to it. Sadly unchanged from last year.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? A more functional business plan, and a 4.0 in school! Damn, this one hasn't changed either.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I'm horrible at remembering specific days. I've had so many wonderful ones this year though, that it has kinda melded into a soup of awesome.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting my new camera was a pretty significant thing for me.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not managing to make my business self-sufficient yet. Unchanged from 2009. :/
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope. A non-changer I can get behind!
11. What was the best thing you bought? My new camera! I loves it! Although the iPad ranks pretty high too. That thing rocks.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Michelle, for being the most amazing girlfriend I could possibly ever imagine.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Couldn't really say publicly.
14. Where did most of your money go? Food, I think. I'm glad it wasn't mostly to overdraft fees this year!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Multiple Duluth trips! Starting the Photo program at school!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Probably "Bad Romance", I have listened to so much Gaga this year it's retarded.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you...
i. happier or sadder? Happier, so much happier. Still as true this year as last year. It just keeps getting better!
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner, strangely. Yeah, this one is true again too. Yay for that!
iii. richer or poorer? Definitely poorer, but that's okay. Rats, this one is true too. SO POOR.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Working on paid shoots.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Job-hunting.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent most of it with the wonderful people that I'm closest to. - True again this year.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010? I continued to fall further in love! Does that count?
24. What was your favorite TV program? Favourite "discovered in 2010" show is definitely The In-Betweeners.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nope.
26. What was the best book you read? I think I probably read at least twenty great books this year, plus at least twice that in mediocre books. The iPad really has increased my reading at least threefold.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Lady Gaga, for sure.
28. What did you want and get? Pentax K-7, fuck yeah!
29. What did you want and not get? A stable financial situation.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Either Inception or Scott Pilgrim vs the World.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I had an awesome party at Moto-I with some close friends. Sadly I realized afterward that I had forgotten to invite so many amazing people.
32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Money.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Lazy chic?
34. What kept you sane? My brainmeats. They still function!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Last year's answer of Felicia Day continues to hold true. Could she be any cuter?
36. What political issue stirred you the most? iOS vs Android, and how it doesn't fucking matter, you idiots.
37. Who did you miss? Jane, who never goes anywhere anymore. Well, that answer can count for this year too.
38. Who was the best new person you met? I'm terrible and can't really remember who I met this year and not last. Maybe Andy and Jeremy? I know I met them this year and they rock.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Sometimes siblings can be people that were not borne of the same parents or even someone you met until relatively recently.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "Don't you worry there my honey, we might not have any money, but we've got our love to pay the bills."
How many girlfriends/boyfriends? Just the one amazing one. I plan on being able to use this answer for every year end meme thing from now on.
How many breakups? 0.
How many crushes? Only the crush that I get to act upon every week.
Care to mention names? Michelle, duh!
Had to say goodbye to? I don't think so
(I'll feel badly if this wasn't true and someone takes it the wrong way!)
Win anything? At life!
Best place you went to? Duluth was amazing once again.
Worst place you went to? I feel like I should have an answer for this, but I don't.
How was your birthday? It was great!
Best present? So many great ones, but I'm going to go with
.. Inara's ever-expanding intelligence.
FAVORITES OF THE YEAR (deleting the repeats)
Album: The Fame Monster by Lady Gaga
Song(s): You and I by Ingrid Michaelson
Hope for the next year: Do well in school. Still true this year.
Clothing item or outfit of the year: My "Photoshop Hero" hoodie.
Hairstyle of the year: Did I even get a real haircut this year? I must have. It was a blah hair year.
Jewelry of the year: Michelle got me this super awesome ring that I like!
Makeup product of the year: The kind that makes my models look fantastic.
Color of the year: Green, always. Yep.
Car of the year: Mine because it continues to be functional.
Boy of the year: Um. Me! I'm awesome! Hey, this one is still true!
Food of the year: Enchiladas are the food of ALL TIME. Oh yeah, totally unchanged.
Drink of the year: This year it was Sunkist. I don't know why I'm suddenly obsessed with it.
Class of the year: Photo Composition, because I rocked that shit.
Appliance of the year: Computer.
Recreational activity of the year: Reading, I did a lot of that this year.
Means of Communication of the year: FB Chat even though I HATE IT SO MUCH. Well, this one is still sadly true, both on being the comm of the year and it STILL SUCKING.
Holiday of the year: My birthday! Fuck yeah!
Achievement(s) of the year: Having another brilliant year full of amazing people and beautiful art. My life is awesome.